A drug trafficking conviction in South Carolina could mean you would spend up to 30 years in prison. It’s important to understand that drug trafficking is only about the number of illegal drugs that allegedly were in your possession. If you were convicted of other drug crimes in the past, it will increase the severity of the penalties that you may be facing now.
Whether it was marijuana, methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine, or an illegally gotten prescription drug, you will be charged based upon the amount of weight that South Carolina law enforcement allegedly found to be in your possession.
At the Greenville law firm of Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey, L.L.C. their drug trafficking defense team may be able to minimize the penalties you may be facing and build a strong defense on your behalf.
Our knowledgeable and skilled drug defense team gives each of our clients the personalized service they deserve. We will help you with the legal burdens and independently investigate all the different aspects of your individual case.
What Are the Defenses to Drug Trafficking -Why Do You Need A Superstar Lawyer?
If you are arrested for drug trafficking in South Carolina there are legal options that may be available to you. Our Greenville drug defense attorneys will look at the following very closely:
- Were the drugs found in your presence actually yours?
- What is your medical history and whether you have a prescription drug?
- Did you have knowledge of the drugs found in your possession?
- Did South Carolina law enforcement have probable cause to search your motor vehicle or home?
- Did South Carolina law enforcement have probable cause to stop your motor vehicle?
- Did law enforcement get a search warrant?
- Were you advised of your full Miranda rights?
- How and where was the number of drugs counted or weighed?
- How authentic is the testimony of any witnesses?
- Other factors that could have contributed to your possession of a large quantify of drugs.
Call Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey, L.L.C. Today
If you were charged with drug trafficking in South Carolina, the Greenville law firm of Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey, L.L.C. can assist you in your defense. We can build a strong defense to take to trial or on appeal in the county, state, or federal courts.
We stand up for your rights and will fight aggressively in your defense. Call us today for a free initial consultation.