Division Of Assets, Property And Debts

Adding stress to the divorce process, dividing the property and assets shared between spouses is something no one wants to think about. The Greenville divorce lawyers at Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey, LLC are skilled in handling this delicate process and will work to help you obtain what you deserve in order to live a comfortable life after divorce.

Contact Us

What You Need to Know About Division Of Assets:

South Carolina law demands the equitable division of assets, property, and debts. Homes, vehicles, jewelry, investments, and money acquired during the marriage are all considered marital assets, which the courts attempt to divide evenly. However, you are not required to divide non-marital assets, which are property you own separately and were not obtained during the marriage. It is this division of assets that often leads people to rebuild their finances after a divorce.

What’s next?

While the court system does its best to provide equity, parity is not always achieved during the property division process. The divorce attorneys at Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey LLC will work to ensure you receive your fair share of both marital and non-marital assets.

At a time when you need someone on your side, the divorce attorneys at Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey will be there for you. You do not need to face this process alone. Call us today at 864.523.7738 or contact us online.


A minimum consultation fee of $300 is required on all family court matters. Please take a minute to read our Frequently Asked Questions.

Am I required to pay child support if I don’t have any contact or visitation with my child or children?

Yes, all parents are required to pay child support regardless of how often you contact or visit your child or children. The only instance where this may not be necessary is if your parental rights have been terminated.

Can the Department of Social Services (DSS) force me to submit to a drug test?

No, DSS does not have the right to force you to submit to a drug test; however, by refusing the test, it does give them reason to suspect drug use in the home and they may seek removal of any children.

I have court hearing requesting that I pay child support. What should I do?

Every situation and family court matter is unique. When possible, we recommend contacting an experienced family law attorney to help you navigate family court and ensure the best outcome for you and your children. Our family law attorneys are available to help. We require a minimum consultation fee of $300 on all family court matters. Schedule a comprehensive consultation by calling us today at 864-523-7738 or contact us online.

We have an uncontested divorce and are in agreement on everything. What are the fees for an uncontested divorce?

While an uncontested divorce may feel like an open and shut matter, our attorneys give all family court matters a comprehensive review and consultation. We require a minimum consultation fee of $300 on all family court matters. Since divorce includes two parties, we can only represent one spouse in this instance.

Why Choose Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey Law Firm?

With the experience to address complex family law, criminal defense, and real estate matters, our knowledgeable team of attorneys are here to advocate for you. We operate our law offices on three main principles:


We strive to establish personal trust with each and every client.


We operate with the utmost integrity when dealing with clients and the legal community.


We commit to excellence in all aspects of the legal profession.
Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey, LLC Logo white

Get in touch with us today to evaluate your case. We’re only a call, click, or short drive away.

"*" indicates required fields