Business Valuation in a Divorce

If one or both parties in a divorce own a business, a divorce can greatly hinder business operations. A business valuation is required to assess how much the business is worth and what portion of the business constitutes marital property.  Consulting an experienced divorce attorney will help you in this situation. At Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey our Greenville divorce lawyers will guide you through the business valuation process, providing a thorough explanation as to how business valuations and division works.

Contact Us

What you need to know about business valuation:

Your business will be considered in the division of property and assets during a divorce settlement. Business valuation experts are in control of determining how much your business is worth. They help the court decide what the fair market value is, what the business owns and owes, and the profit of the business. All of these factors contribute to how alimony is determined and how a business is divided between spouses.

What’s next?

An experienced family law attorney can help you determine what assets of your business belong to you. Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey LLC have worked on business valuation cases in Greenville, South Carolina for nearly 40 years. Our divorce attorneys are skilled at working alongside business valuation experts to produce a fair outcome for you and your spouse.

Get Your Case Consultation

Contact Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey Now

If you are going through a divorce and want to gain clarity on business valuation, call us today at (864) 781-0225 or online by completing our contact us form online.


A minimum consultation fee of $300 is required on all family court matters. Please take a minute to read our Frequently Asked Questions.

Q: Am I required to pay child support if I don’t have any contact or visitation with my child or children?

A: Yes, all parents are required to pay child support regardless of how often you contact or visit your child or children. The only instance where this may not be necessary is if your parental rights have been terminated.

Q: Can the Department of Social Services (DSS) force me to submit to a drug test?

A: No, DSS does not have the right to force you to submit to a drug test; however, by refusing the test, it does give them reason to suspect drug use in the home and they may seek removal of any children.

Q: I have a court hearing requesting that I pay child support. What should I do?

A: Every situation and family court matter is unique. When possible, we recommend contacting an experienced family law attorney to help you navigate family court and ensure the best outcome for you and your children. Our family law attorneys are available to help. We require a minimum consultation fee of $300 on all family court matters. Schedule a comprehensive consultation by calling us today at (864) 781-0225 or contact us online.

Q: We have an uncontested divorce and are in agreement on everything. What are the fees for an uncontested divorce

A: While an uncontested divorce may feel like an open and shut matter, our attorneys give all family court matters a comprehensive review and consultation. We require a minimum consultation fee of $300 on all family court matters. Since divorce includes two parties, we can only represent one spouse in this instance.

Why Choose Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey Law Firm?

With the experience to address complex family law, criminal defense, and real estate matters, our knowledgeable team of attorneys are here to advocate for you. We operate our law offices on three main principles:



We strive to establish personal trust with each and every client.


We operate with the utmost integrity when dealing with clients and the legal community.


We commit to excellence in all aspects of the legal profession.


Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey, LLC Logo white

Get in touch with us today to evaluate your case. We’re only a call, click, or short drive away.

"*" indicates required fields