Staying Safe This Holiday Weekend:
Memorial Day Weekend is upon us! Our office will be enjoying the holiday, and we hope you will, too. Whether you find yourself traveling or staying at home, here are a few simple tips to keep in mind, so you and your loved ones have a safe and happy holiday weekend!
- Plan Ahead. Everyone loves when a plan comes together, and the holiday weekend is no exception. Coordinate your weekend – including who will be a sober driver and meeting times – with your group so that safety is always a priority.
- Use Technology. Chances are, technology helped make your weekend plans, but remember it can be useful during the weekend, too. Charge your phone (and consider packing back-up charging options), so you are always reachable. Download Uber or Lyft prior to your weekend to arrange a safe ride home; and always be in touch with your party so that all group members are accounted for.
- Travel Smart. If you are going out of town, get familiar with the area, and know how you will arrive, get around and depart your destination. Carry pertinent information cards (like your Driver’s License and insurance cards), in case of an emergency, and designate a “travel leader” so there is always someone in charge of general trip logistics.
- Partake Responsibly. Be sure to arrange safe rides to and from anywhere you plan to go – this includes automotive and boat transportation. Also, remember to drink responsibly, regardless if you are the one behind the wheel.
- Safety First. It is important to be safe in all aspects of the holiday weekend. This includes everything from using sunscreen to obeying the law. Let common sense and good judgment prevail!
If you find yourself in a legal bind this weekend, contact the attorneys of Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey at 864-523-7738 or online for a free consultation.
From all of us at Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey, we wish you a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!
Learn more about DUI lawyers in Greenville SC.