Residential and Commercial Real Estate Lawyers
Our lawyers represent clients in a range of residential and commercial real estate transactions including:
- Foreclosure and foreclosure alternatives
- Landlord/Tenant disputes
- Financing, refinance and Home Equity Lines of Credit (HELOC)
- Quite title actions
- Life estates and wills relating to the ownership of property
- Associations and restrictions
- Purchase agreements
- Development projects
- Zoning issues
- Loans – examination and negotiation
- Document preparation and recording
- Title insurance
At Bannister, Wyatt and Stalvey, LLC, we identify your legal needs and protect your interests. We are a professional and knowledgeable Greenville real estate lawyer firm to assist you through all stages of your real estate transaction.
What does a real estate lawyer do?
Buying, selling and managing land is complex. There are many ways that laws are involved including:
- Deeds and title
- Loans and financing
- Leasing and tenancy
- Restrictions and associations
- Zoning and restrictions, including short-term rentals
Any real estate venture is a large investment. There are many laws that impact how you acquire, sell and use property. To achieve your objectives, you need to identify and understand the laws that may impact your actions.
Our real estate lawyers are especially trained to help our clients complete and manage real estate transactions. It’s our goal to help you understand the laws that may impact you and how you can use those laws to your advantage.
How our real estate lawyers can help you
Whether you are first exploring buying or selling real estate or you are in the process of completing a transaction, our real estate lawyers provide professional representation. As experienced Greenville real estate lawyers, we’re prepared to assist you in all tasks relating to the transaction, including:
- Drafting documents in compliance with the law
- Recording documents to complete transfer of title
- Knowing the details and technical requirements for preparing deeds and title documents
- Researching title to ensure ownership; representing you in a quiet title action
- Understanding zoning restrictions and land use requirements
- Determining how tax laws and financing regulations may apply
- Representing you in real estate litigation and contested disputes regarding ownership and use of property
- Examining and negotiating loans and financing
- Conducting the closing and completing transactions
- Handling related transactions including will and trust preparation
When you are undertaking a real estate transaction, it’s hard to know what you need to know. There are a myriad of laws and regulations that apply to real estate. It’s your duty to comply with the law – but you may not even know what laws apply to you.
The laws impacting real estate transactions come from a variety of sources. Our lawyers are trained and experienced in helping clients navigate real estate transactions. Whether you are an individual or family with a single piece of real estate, or you are handling complex commercial transactions, we can provide you with the legal expertise that you need to guide your transactions.
Real Estate Lawyers Near Greenville, SC
At Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey, LLC, we are attorneys at law near Greenville, SC. We represent individuals and businesses in a diverse range of real estate law. We are a knowledgeable team of lawyers here to advocate for you. Contact us at (864) 523-7730 or complete our form to request a case evaluation.
Experienced Real Estate Lawyers in Greenville, SC
Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey, LLC offers compassionate service and relentless representation. We have the knowledge to solve complex issues for our clients and give you clear direction about the steps going forward.
Some reasons people choose our real estate lawyers include:
- Representation for both residential and commercial clients
- Handling matters on behalf of both buyers and sellers
- A history of success handling a range of issues that are impactful to real estate law including drafting documents, land use, financing and contested/disputed real estate issues
- Honored by U.S. News and World Report Best Law Firms
- James W. Bannister was named Lawyer of the Year for 2022 by Best Lawyers
- Experience in trial law – As members of the National Board of Trial Advocacy, we’re equipped to handle your case in the courtroom
- Representation that is customized to your case – No person or situation is like yours. You need a legal team that can apply the law to your situation and guide you through the best course of action
- Offices in Greenville, South Carolina that are easily accessible from downtown and via I-85 and I-385
Since our founding in 1976, the Bannister, Wyatt & Stalvey team has provided professional and tailored legal advice in real estate law. Through the years, we have grown to be a large legal team with the skill and resources to handle even the most complex cases with precision.
Whether your real estate matter is simple or complex, we know how important it is to you. It’s that important to us. We have worked on landmark cases, and cases on behalf of well-known members of our community. It’s our goal to give the same time and attention to your real estate needs.
We are personally invested in your success. We invite you to meet with us to see how we can assist you.
Consultation with Our Real Estate Lawyers
For experienced representation in real estate law, contact us today for a consultation. We invite you to learn more about your case and the services that we provide. See how we can help you reach your goals and give you peace of mind as you complete your transaction and into the future.